...a term coined by my current grad class professor

Time, Textbooks, Tradition and Tests
I see the standards-based grading philosophy moving away from a few of these (time and tradition), but wonder if our little grassroots movement is missing the boat on textbooks and tests.  


EDIT:
I should have not written about "us" and instead made reference to "me" and my past experience in the classroom, speaking with other teachers at conferences/workshops and blogging here in this space.  Making the move to standards-based grading helped me address time and tradition, but I never got to the point where it moved me noticeably away from textbooks and tests.  Russ brings up a good point in the comments below.  In what areas, if any, has the change to standards-based grading philosophy helped you move away from these four T's?